> ULTIMATE ASCENT is played by two competing alliances on a flat, 27 x 54 ft field. Each alliance consists of three robots. They compete to score as many discs into their goals as they can during a two (2)-minute and fifteen (15)-second match. The higher the goal in which the disc is scored, the more points the alliance receives.
> The match begins with a fifteen (15)-second Autonomous Period in which robots operate independently of driver inputs. Discs scored during this period are worth extra points. For the remainder of the match, drivers control robots and try to maximize their alliance score by scoring as many goals as possible.
> The match ends with robots attempting to climb on pyramids located near the middle of the field. The robot earns points based on how high it climbs. Scoring for the match is summarized below.
> The Robot must satisfy the following size constraints:
- Total length of the FRAME PERIMETER sides may not exceed 112 in.
- PLAYING CONFIGURATION horizontal dimensions may never exceed a 54 in. diameter vertical cylinder
- Height may never exceed 84 in. tall
> The Robot weight may not exceed 120 lbs
- Robots attempt to score in the low, middle, or high goal to score points.
- Scoring a disc in the pyramid goal does not count for any points during hybrid.
- Robots attempt to score in all available goals.
- Robots can gather discs from the human player station.
- Robots attempt to climb their respective pyramid to gain points.
- Robots must climb the pyramid in sequential order (0 -> 1 -> 2 -> 3)
> Autonomous period - 15 seconds
- Low Goal - 2 Points
- Middle Goal - 4 Points
- High Goal - 6 Points
- Pyramid Goal - No Points!
> Teleoperated period - 2 minutes
- Low Goal - 1 Point
- Middle Goal - 2 Points
- High Goal - 3 Points
- Pyramid Goal - 5 Points
> Finale - Pyramid Climbing Points
- Level 1 - 10 Points
- Level 2 - 20 Points
- Level 3 - 30 Points